Mark Raine tror på direkte opprykk med seier mot Sunderland i dag. Han må derimot innrømme at han tror det ender uavgjort på Stadium of Light.
SUPPORTERINTERVJUET: Mark Raine er en av våre medlemmer i Danmark. Vår medlem nummer 43 er født i Hampshire og har fulgt Pompey hele sitt liv. I fjor var han en av flere medlemmer som var på siste serierundes hjemmekamp mot Peterborough. I år sitter han hjemme i Danmark i serieunnspurten, og her er hans tanker før toppkampen mot Sunderland.
Pompey har vunnet Checkatrade Trophy. Ligaen har vi toppet i mange serierunder, men er nå på 3. plass når tre kamper gjenstår. Vi står med 25 seire, elleve uavgjort og sju tap etter 43 serierunder. Hva synes du om det Pompey har prestert så langt i sesongen?
– As a supporter, I think we can be very satisfied with the way Pompey have performed during this season. We had a very strong start and although we had a bit of a drop in form during January/February, we have come back very well, and to still be in with a shout of automatic promotion with 3 games left is a credit to the team. The Checkatrade Trophy was a bonus, and I was a bit worried that it might affect our league form, but it seems to have had a positive experience for all.
Hva var dine tanker og forventninger til denne sesongen før sesongstart?
– At the start of the season, I thought we had a good chance of finishing in the top 2, with Sunderland as our biggest rivals. Luton and Barnsley have impressed, which has made the finish very exciting.
Har du vært eller tenker du på å dra på Pompey-kamp denne sesongen?
– I have not had the chance to make any matches this season. I’ll be looking ahead to next season to make a few trips over.
Hvordan holder du deg oppdatert på Pompey (kamper og nyheter)?
– I follow social media and pompey.no of course. Family and friends in the Portsmouth area also provide some local views. Danish TV have also shown many games live during this season, so that has also been very well received!!
Er du fornøyd med vår manager Kenny Jackett (bildet til høyre)?
– Yes, I think he has done a good job, and I hope he has the chance to continue. We know he has good experience at this level, and he also seems to have a good relationship with the owners. He didn’t really do too much in the January transfer window, but aside from that, he seems to be getting the best out of the players.
Har du noen favorittspiller(e) i Pompey nå?
– I like Matt Clarke, and before he got injured he and Jack Whatmough seemed to have a good understanding in defence. I’ve also been impressed with Jamal Lowe and Ronan Curtis during this season.
Nå er det hjemmekamp mot et lag som må vinne for å kunne rykke direkte opp, Sunderland. Hva er dine tanker om den kampen og hva er din startellever? Hvordan tror du kampen ender?
– This is clearly a massive game for both teams, and will be very difficult for Pompey. Sunderland will also be looking for revenge after the Checkatrade final. I’m sure the atmosphere will be crazy, and I hope Pompey can rise to the occasion. If I’m honest, I think a draw would be a good result for us, so a realistic prediction is 1-1.
My team:- MacGillivray, Thompson, Clarke, Burgess, Brown, Lowe, Pitman, Naylor, Evans, Curtis, Hawkins
Hva tror du om våre opprykkssjanser?
– I hope my prediction is wrong, and Pompey win against Sunderland. If we do, I’m confident that we will finish 2nd. If it’s the play-offs then I still fancy our chances. We are in form, and are winning which is always an advantage at this stage of the season.
Har du ellers noe du ønsker å si til resten av de skandinaviske supporterne?
– Keep up the support, and it’s always great to read the stories from other fans across Scandinavia. I hope we can catch up with some games back in the Championship next season. Play Up Pompey!!
Her er tidligere supporterintervjuer denne sesongen: